The Sexual Misconduct Resource and Response Program (formerly called the Title IX Program) is overseen by the Title IX Coordinator. We receive reports of sexual harassment and sexual violence – including sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, and sexual exploitation – and coordinate the University’s response. Below you will find information about available support resources for students and employees, as well as options for university response and investigations.
UW-Madison Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence
The mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (university) is to provide a teaching, learning and working environment in which faculty, staff, students, and guests can discover, examine critically, preserve, and transmit knowledge, wisdom, and values that will improve the quality of life for all. To promote the institutional mission, the university is committed to creating and maintaining a campus community that is free from sexual harassment and sexual violence.
The UW-Madison Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence applies to students, employees, visitors and guests. (For conduct alleged to have occurred prior to August 14, 2020, a prior version of the policy will apply).
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Assault
- Dating Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Exploitation
- Providing false information to a reporting or investigatory office
- Refusal to comply with a reasonable request on a university matter
Supporting Law & Policy
- Title IX of the Education Amendments (1972)
- The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (1991)
- The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013
- Violence Against Women Act (1994)
- UWS Chapter 4
- UWS Chapter 11
- UWS Chapter 17
- Wisconsin Statute § 36.11(22)(c)
- Governor’s Executive Order #54
- UW Regent Policy Document 14-2
Report Sexual Misconduct
Click this button to bring you to an information page about reporting.