University of Wisconsin–Madison

Reporting What Happened to You

If you are someone who has been subjected to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking, we encourage you to report what happened to you to the University.  In cases involving criminal misconduct, you also have the right to report the conduct to the UW-Madison Police Department or to the local law enforcement office with jurisdiction over the location where the misconduct occurred.

It is important to keep in mind, however, that the decision on whether to report is yours to make and you are under no obligation to report.

We want you to be aware of your options for discussing what happened to you with available resources on campus.  We also want you to be aware, however, that some of the people with whom you might discuss what happened may have a duty to report to University administrators the information you reveal to them.  You can find information about the reporting responsibilities of University employees on the Reporting Options and Expectations page.

What reporting option works best for you?

Questions? Contact:

Lauren Hasselbacher
Title IX Coordinator
Email: or
Voice: (608) 890-3788; Relay calls accepted
Office of Compliance
361 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Dr.
Madison, WI 53706